Who We Are
The Haslett Robotics Club is a community organization founded in 2008 to provide instruction in the fundamentals of engineering and programming using basic robotics systems and encourage fair play and sportsmanship for all youth residing in the Haslett, Okemos, and the adjoining areas.
Early exposure to robotics helps prepare youth to compete in an increasingly technological world, and can encourage them to pursue career paths in Science, Engineering, and Technology (STEM). The Haslett Robotics Club is also dedicated to increasing the number of girls in STEM fields, and is proud to have created our first all-girl team in 2013 and expanding all-girl teams to all platforms in the following years.
The Coaches and Mentors in the Haslett Robotics Club work with club members to:
- Expose students to the basic concepts of computer programming and logic
- Engage students in research on social issues
- Explore how technology can be used to address social problems
- Provide mentorship to encourage students to pursue science education and careers in science
What We Offer
Our Club offers three options for local elementary, middle, and high school students:
- Grades 2-3 can participate in one of our First Lego League teams.
- Grades 4-5 can participate in our VEX IQ Elementary teams.
- Grades 6-8 can participate in VEX IQ Middle School teams.
- Students in grades 9-12 can participate on one of our VEX Robotics Teams. Prior experience with VEX IQ is a plus.
Need to contact us?